Sunday, December 14, 2008

Sausage Saturday

The end of another weekend...
I made sausage yesterday morning, then went to Saturday market, and stayed at home and watched the Office last night. Low key weekend = probably a change I needed.

I'm leaving for home in 6 days, and as excited as I am, there's a nervousness there too, which I did not expect at all. I miss my friends so bad, but I know that the person that I am when I left Lacey on August 8 is completely transformed. And, just like when I left for college, and came back that first time, yes, I am expecting things to not sit exactly right.

I don't know how I'll react to being home, now that this, at least in part, has become my home. Faster than anywhere else, this is home. It's comforting and terrifying at the same time.

...such is life, eh?

1 comment:

Amber said...

New experiences always transform people. In a way it sucks because it makes things harder, but that's the way it should be. Imagine going to college or going to Alaska and coming home exactly the same person. That's a lot of wasted money and tears.

I hope you have a good time at home. :-)