Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Step two is the hard part.

There are some things that I’m holding on to. They’re not good things. They’re things that make me feel angry and bitter and confused, but perhaps because I cannot understand them, I seem to be unable to heal. I’m certainly able to run away from them though, and they’re following me. I shouldn’t be dreaming about these things – these people, but my subconscious keeps bringing them up. What I’m refusing to address during my waking hours, I’m forced to deal with in sleep. They’re not physically close to me, but I’m carrying them both on my back every second of every day.

And as much as I really want to blame this on those people, I know that it’s me that has to shake them off. It’s not my fault, but it IS my responsibility. I didn’t ask to get hurt, but that’s the way the cookie crumbled. I can’t say that I’ve never unintentionally (or intentionally, for that matter) hurt someone else. Whether they did it on purpose or not, it’s there. And it’s mine to deal with. Step one: own it. Step two: ……….aw fuck.

Bethy

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Step Two--Pour yourself a drink, get a killer recipe, make lots of food for your loved ones, eat, and then think about how awesome you are. If you need a reminder of how cool you are, give me a call. And then fedex me whatever tasty treats you make! :)