Saturday, August 9, 2008

...and I'm only at the airport.

It's 3:29 am Alaska time.
I'm at the Anchorage airport using the unexpected free wireless, sitting at the gate that my flight to Bethel will depart from in another 4 hours.
I'm exuasted.
But we're right next to a 24 hour Starbucks, and judge me if you will, but I took advantage of good coffee before it may be gone forever.

I'm a little nervous, but that didn't keep me from noticing that most of the people sitting here at the Bethel gate with me are men. Wait, scratch that. I'm the only one sitting. The other people waiting for the morning jet are doing what normal people do at 3 in the morning...they're sleeping. But they're mostly guys...and yes, in the grand tradition of me being me, I have already checked out most of them.
...and, yes...most of them are pretty cute.

Oh man...on the make again. Scratch "again"...on the make still.

I'm listening to Blue Scholars...
"We're broke but not broken, cold but not frozen, lost but not forgotten, we kickin' the doors open."
PERFECT.

Love, Bethy

No comments: