Sunday, August 10, 2008

Day 2

Day 2

and it's SUNNY and HOT!
Did I sign up for Alaska, or did I sign up for Mexico?!?! Well, ok, maybe it's not exactly that hot...but it is warm T-shirt/sleeveless weather, at least in the sun. It's a good transition, too, because it's good to be able to wear some of the shirts I brought without having to cover up with a sweater (and a parka).

I am slowly figuring out the town, it's a little confusing at first, even though it essentially just goes in a big circle, it's big enough to get lost, which is, incidentially, something that I did NOT do, even when I found that I had lost my sister at church this morning, and I made it back home myself.

I still can't wrap my head around the fact that I'm staying. I know I'm here, and it's a way cool experience, but it's still very surreal that I'm not going to be leaving....it's like I have to strike out. I have some friends here, but I have to make my own too, and I feel like maybe it's even harder to do that because Lisa's here, so it's easier to just stick with her. But I'll go do it...it's just really more intimidating to do than it is to say.

I miss everyone, but things are so new and exciting, and it's nuts....

LOVE, Bethy

1 comment:

Amber said...

Yay, I'm glad you're not freezing. I just checked Houston weather, and it's 80 degrees right now. That's at 5 o'clock in the morning Houston time. Eek!

I'm really excited for you, and I look forward to reading more on your blog. :-)